Friday, August 18, 2006

Nature vs Nurture


Is Molly a product of Nature or Nurture? The answer – both!

Nature (born that way)

Tall – she is in the 92% for height, I’m probably in the 10% (if I stand on my tippy toes)
Stubborn – must be hereditary because I’m not stubborn and I’ll argue with anyone who says I am!
Smart – way smarter than I am, she actually sang “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” the other day and I could clearly understand each word. Floored me while I was walking around Walmart to my 19 month old girl singing!
Love of Barney – not sure where this came from, I never loved a giant purple dinosaur!
Flirt! I am a flirting disaster, but Molly is so good at it! She walks up to men and just stands there smiling at them until they pay attention and tell her how cute she is. Then she giggles and walks away…

Nurture (influenced by me or her environment)
Shoe obsession – she loves shoes: her own, mine, strangers, etc. - doesn’t matter, if there is a shoe in sight she wants it! Sound familiar?
Likes to be center of attention. If you are not paying attention to her, she will find a way to draw attention – usually uses cuteness, but has been known to yell loudly! Fortunately, her cuteness works; mine, well, not so much anymore.
Love of cats – she loves her kitties who despise her. Fortunately, she has found a friend in Andy, my friends Jacie and Brian’s big beautiful black cat. If Andy is every missing, Jacie and Brian, look to see if Molly has him hidden under her shirt and is trying to steal him!
Fascination with The Wiggles – I think Australian men are hot too!
Milk fiend – I love milk, especially with chocolate. Molly loves milk too – her first word, after Barney or The Wiggles, when we get home each afternoon is “milk.” She then takes my arm drags me to the kitchen points at the refrigerator, the walks over and tries to open it (groaning loudly for effect) and says “milk.” When she is 2/3 finished with her milk, she begins the process of getting more milk by bringing me the sippy cup, pointing to the kitchen and demanding “milk.” If I don’t get up immediately, the begins to tug on my arm, clothing, hair, etc to make me get up!

About the picture above. One was taken about a minute before the other. The first one I call “You Are Getting Very Sleepy…” and the second I call “Out For The Count.”



2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

You are too funny!!! Love the photos too!!!

Sam

9:54 PM  
Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Anna:

I love your look at nature vs nurture...too cute.

Maybe Molly can give you a few of her flirting tips :)

Lori

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home