Monday, August 14, 2006

Bangs or No Bangs





Molly refuses to let me put her hair up in ponytail holders or barrettes! So about 2 months ago, I had to cut her hair and give her bangs, but I really want to grow out the bangs. Yes, I know we are in the midst of a war and my big dilemma is her bangs (very petty in comparison, I know), but she is the center of my world! Well her hair has grown again and needs to be cut or I need to fight her on the bang issue. Every once in awhile I win the battle and get ponytails in her hair (then I have to take a ton of pictures to commemorate the moment – see example above!) I guess it will be bangs for awhile longer – I’m learning to pick my battles! I don’t win them all anymore.

More news, Barney has invaded my home. A couple of months ago, Molly was not the least bit interested in Barney, now he kicks Elmo’s butt! Her first word every morning is not “mommy” (although I do get a great big smile) – it’s Barney! She is obsessed with the giant purple dinosaur! But, in the car though, The Wiggles rule! As soon as we get in the car, she begins “The Wiggles Chant” – whereby she chants “webbles, webbles” over and over again. Heaven forbid we listen to something other than The Wiggles - then all I hear is whinning! I’m convinced we have heard The Wiggles so many times that Molly is going to develop an Australian accent! The Wiggles are coming to Dallas this month and I couldn’t get tickets (except in the nosebleed section). I’m actually very disappointed – it’s a good thing that Molly is not old enough to know her Mommy messed up and didn’t look for tickets soon enough!

Finally, Molly had me in stitches tonight! She already knew how to spin around in a circle, but tonight she discovered how to spin and spin and spin around – to the point of getting dizzy and falling over. She thought that was hysterical! She watched The Wiggles Live DVD and every time they played a song she liked (she likes ALL the songs), she spun around and around. Occasionally she would put her hands and head on the ground, signaling that she was ready to do a somersault - my signal to run over and help her before she attempted it on her own! I spent the evening trying to make sure she didn’t fall into something and hurt herself. Then she discovered that she could walk backwards. She started in the family room and walked backwards through the kitchen and into the dining room. Then she ran forwards and threw herself into my arms. Again, laughing hysterically. She sure does amuse herself!!

I also included a picture of the poor tormented cats. They were able to catch a quick snooze together before Hurricane Molly entered the room! Peajoe is the orange tabby and Scout is the grey tabby. Poor Peajoe is getting his teeth cleaned tomorrow. I’ll be a worried cat mom until it is all over!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

First off, LOVE the ponies!!!! Want a hint to make Molly hold still while you do her hair?? I sit Kieren in front of the computer with www.noggin.com on (she likes the music videos on Jack's Big Music Show) while I do her hair! She never complains. Shoot! I don't think she would notice the house blowing up! As for the spinning and backwards walking, Molly and Kieren are soooo alike! BTW, Barney is taboo in our house! The big people in the house have outlawed all Big Purple Annoying Dinos!!!! We do love the Wiggles and the Backyardigans, but Jack's Big Music Show RULES!!!!

Sam

ps Poor kitties! We put squeaky shoes on Kieren to give the kitties (and dog-dog) warning of impending child!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor kitties! Molly is just adorable with the bangs. Love the ponytails!

So, from your posts, am I to understand I have a few years of Elmo, Barney, the Wiggles, et al to look forward to? Well, ok. Guess there are a few rewards for putting up with that, huh??? Of course, this will not stop me from introducing her to some decent musical entertainment as soon as possible. ABBA, 80's hairbands...yeah, that's completely normal but a giant, purple, singing dinosaur is just plain bizarre. Hmmm...

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home