Thursday, May 18, 2006

Molly - is she really a cocker spaniel?

May 18, 2006: The non-stop drool makes me think that Molly is not really a well adjusted, happy baby. But is in fact, a cocker spaniel! Every time that Molly is about to get a new tooth, I am treated with even more drool than normal (normal amount is already more than enough)! The top of her shirt gets drench in drool. I actually have to enforce the “no Teddy Graham” rule during the intense drool periods because Teddy Graham drool is really disgusting. She did get 2 teeth within the last few weeks, so I looked in my “What to Expect: The Toddler Years” and was disappointed to find out that she is only half way to getting all her teeth! She has 10 – does she really need 10 more?? I guess I should count myself (and Molly) lucky, she doesn’t get a fever or get sick with each new tooth. It’s really just the drool for a few days, then a runny nose is added, and then, right before the tooth pops through, I get extreme cranky baby for 12 hours. The minute the tooth is through, the nose dries up, the crankiness stops, and the cocker spaniel retreats (ready to pounce next time!) I hoping that the tooth pops through tonight or tomorrow (I’m not looking forward to cranky baby this weekend – let daycare deal with it! That’s why they get the big bucks!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home