Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Is it my singing or my Chinese














Is it my singing or my Chinese?

Molly and I were riding in the car the other day on the way to dinner with Ann, Jordan, and Regina to celebrate one year since Gotcha Day (thanks to Ann for the yummy dinner). Molly is in her carseat singing along to a CD I have of Chinese children’s songs. It’s so cute listening to her (she does the same thing with her Wiggles CD in English or should I say Australian). So I want to encourage her to sing, so I decide to sing along. I have NO clue what I am saying (remember, the songs are in Chinese – my Chinese is limited to “thank you” – xie, xie, “hello,” – ni hao and “little sister” – mei mei), but I sing anyway, loudly and badly. After a couple of lines of verse, I hear Molly laughing hysterically in the back of the car. So was it my dreadful singing voice or my horrendous butching of the Chinese language that Molly found amusing? Eventually the laughing died down and she sang just as loudly as I did – although I think she is a much better singer!

I decided to upload a bunch of photos this time! Enjoy (you can click on each picture to make it bigger and easier to see)!!

1st row
-One year as a US citizen – Molly and Jordan waive their flags (Molly has now been a US Citizen for one year!)
-Joe and the girls – pushing each other in the car entertained the girls and Joe for awhile (Katie, Jordan, Anna, Lucy and Molly)

2nd row
-Life is a breeze – Anna and Molly enjoying a swing at the park!
-Red Couch photo – not the “red couch” but I had to get a picture of Molly and Jordan on a red couch!

3rd row
-Cool in our sunglasses: Chloe and Molly (Chloe is so sweet to Molly!)
- Sound asleep: Molly (who hated to wear hats is now obsessed with hats and had to wear one for her nap with her head resting on Cookie Monster – better known as Cook Cook!)

4th row
- Playgroup girls: Molly with twins Hope & Faith (sorry, can’t tell which is which!), Rachel (green pants), Madison (in mom’s arms), Lucy (hidden), Katie (in pink) and the moms
-Picking up a boy – Lucy and Molly enjoy their spending some time with a new friend!

5th row
-Celebrating Gotcha Day: Molly celebrating with spaghetti (my friend Ann took us out to celebrate one year since Gotcha Day along with daughter Jordan and friend Regina)
- Carvel Trip: Madison and Molly (Madison’s mom is much braver than I am, she lets Madison have chocolate ice cream – I stick with vanilla which stains less!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photos!!! I knew that was Rachel!!! So glad you guys connected. BTW, Kieren laughs at my singing no matter what language! LOL Oh! And go for the chocolate next time. You only live once! (Tip: I let Kieren eat the messy stuff while she wears white. That way you can bleach the stains off!!)

Sam
http://samcampbell.blogspot.com

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures, I've been cecking daily for updates!

Gretchen

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, she is so beatiful! She is a very lucky girl to have a mom like you! Keep up the great work.

Your lunch buddy!

Art M.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home