Monday, March 05, 2007

La, la, la, la, la - I can sing again!





La, la, la, la la: I’m allowed to sing again!

In a previous post, I mentioned that Molly did not like (or should I say hated) for me to sing. It really upset her. Well, now I am allowed to sing again. One problem…she wants me to sing in Chinese. I know, you are wondering, does Anna speak Chinese? The answer would be no (with the exception of hello, hi, and thank you). However, Molly does have some Chinese language CDs (thanks to my father and his associate in China, Haiping) that she listens to all the time in the car. We sing along to the songs in the car (as soon as Molly gets in the car, she says “listen to Chinese) – I have no idea what I am saying (although I do recognize the tune of many of the songs: “It’s a Small World” “Do your Ears Hang Low,” etc.). I can really only sing the refrain of the songs (and badly at that) because I really have trouble pronouncing the words. However, Molly wants me to constantly be singing – in Chinese only! I make stuff up (if I don’t know how to say something, I just say it louder with more confidence!) So if you are ever in the Dallas area and see a crazy blonde singing mutilated Chinese at the top of her lungs, there is a good chance that that is me! And if so, I apologize in advance and hope the sheer terror you experience does not cause an accident!
Pictures: Molly, Jordan and Elli (with Elli's mom) enjoying playing together. Molly telling secrets to Jordan and Elli - I have no idea what Molly was saying, but she was very serious and Jordan and Elli listened closely and nodded several times. Molly in her fairy wings riding a horse.

5 Comments:

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Ni hao Anna and Molly!! I am so glad that you are aloud to sing again. Sing that faux Chinese loud and proud lady!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I use Molly as my barometer, I'm currently not allowed to sing OR read the books. I'm strictly informed to "turn it up" or "turn the page".

Glad to know my wonderful (haha) singing voice will not be in mothballs forever!!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Our daughters would be best friends if we lived closer!!! Love the fairie!!!!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Mikel Salsgiver said...

If you want to come over and sing to Sarah, I'm sure she will enjoy your singing voice - it has got to be better than mine.

Craig

3:04 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Just wanted you to check in at SAC!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home