Friday, February 09, 2007

Mama - No singing!!

Mama – No singing!

Molly has finally learned that I cannot carry a tune to save my life. The other day she said “hokey pokey.” I take this as a sign that she wants to hear the hokey pokey song, so I start singing. She screams “no Mama, no singing!!” So I asked, why not? She tells me “no singing, no like Mama singing!” She sure put me in my place (it was like I was on American Idol and in front of the mean guy). I’m thinking that maybe she is just moody from her nap. But later that same day, I start singing in the car. Once again, “mama, no signing.” Ever since, I am not aloud to sing. I really can’t blame her – I really am terrible!

I’m also not supposed to shop – she does not like it (then again, neither do I, but sometimes I have to shop!) I picked her up at day care a week or so ago and she tells me “go my house, play toys.” I said, “no, we have to go shopping.” She fusses and tells me again “go my house, play toys.” I don’t give in and we go shopping. The next day, when I am picking her up at daycare, she says “go my house, play toys, NO SHOPPING.” I burst out laughing and give in, okay, no shopping. I only live 5 minutes from daycare, but Molly reminds me twice on the way home “NO SHOPPING.”

I finally took the plunge and bought tickets to England. I am really looking forward to being in England for my cousin’s wedding and for my family to meet Molly. But am I dreading the flight!! 10 hours each way with a 2 ½ year old – top that with the fact that the 2 ½ year old is Molly – the most active child in the world who does not sleep on flights – can you will understand my fear? I speak to other parents and they tell me how good their child is on the flight and in fact Molly is good if you don’t have to spend the entire time entertaining her. She doesn’t cry or bother other people and is very happy, as long as she is completely occupied with fun things to do (and remember she is a 2 year old, so her attention span, even for fun stuff, is about 3 minutes)! I asked British Air if it was possible to seat her in a different section of the airplane, but apparently parents have to sit with their young children. Sounds unfair to me, but they wouldn’t budge! If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep Molly quiet, please let me know (stickers, food, and DVDs help, but only for so long). Benadryl does absolutely nothing (along with any other medicine that is supposed to cause drowsiness) – can children have Ambien? Haven’t tried that yet! Nothing makes this child sleepy when she decides she doesn’t want to cooperate! Wish me luck or find me a solution, PLEASE!

Pictures to follow as soon as I can get blogger to cooperate!

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Oh good luck on the plane. Greg absolutely refuses to travel with Rachel until she is at least 3!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Heh! Want to do a duet and make the kiddies cry???? LOL!!!!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have 18-month old twin girls. For us, the new toys work....a new thing every hour...doesn't have to be a big deal toy, it just has to be new. Play dress-up with dolls (lots of new clothes)...bring new coloring books...and what about a compact DVD player with new or her fav. characters...

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home