Friday, September 23, 2005

Leaving for Guangzhou tonight

We have a flight to Guangzhou tonight at 6:30 and will arrive an hour later. We are staying at The White Swan. Last night I received Molly's passport - one step closer to getting her home!! Tomorrow we have a free day in Guangzhou, so I will be doing some more shopping - probably for more squeaky shoes and a little Chinese outfit to put Molly in for the "red couch" picture of all the babies in our group. I was also thinking of getting her a white Chinese dress to use for her Baptism. I probably won't be shopping for much else (although I will be buying a ton of squeaky shoes - Diego and Ben will be getting a pair too!) I still have not been able to read anyone's comments - I found a computer that is in English, but it is so slow!!! Molly is still doing very well as are the other 7 babies in our group. Grace has a slight cold and Lauren has a little rash, but overall, I'd have to say our entire group has very healthy, happy girls. Molly is bonding with me and my mother very well - she smiles all the time and loves to try and walk when I hold her hands up. She does very well and can even stand (with assistance) on one foot. She also loves to clap her hands and is very squirmy! She has had a couple of baths and has had a great time in every bath (even without bath toys she is enjoying splashing in the water and making a big mess. Molly is becoming a little more weary of other people and definitely prefers me and Mom to anyone else. She watches people very carefully. We didn't do much today, just a walk in the park and yesterday we also just walked in the park and then went to the department store (for squeaky shoes!) Molly slept so well again last night - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she does well on the plane ride tonight! I'll post again soon from Guangzhou (our last stop before HK - for one night - and then home on Friday!)

Anna

2 Comments:

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Hi Anna:

So happy to hear how well your trip is going. Molly sounds like a doll.

Question: Do you have stock in the squeaky shoe factory? :)

Lori and Marc

9:07 AM  
Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Jackie:

Squeaky shoes are baby shoes in all different styles with little squeaky things inside of the sole. When the child takes a step it squeaks every time. They love it! I understand that it drives the parents crazy after a while. They are made in China and they are not supposed to be sold here because the squeakers pose a choking hazard if removed from the sole of the shoe.

Lori

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home